Sunday, January 12, 2014

Artists Diary

Dont know how long this New Year's plan will last, but here is the first week of art in 2014. Happy New Year!

Attended a meeting for the Hawkesbury Printmakers Inc - looking forward to our annual (2nd) show early in February. For details see our Facebook site

Watched "The Railway Man" at the cinema. A beautiful story of love, forgiveness, redemption. But be warned, it does have some very violent scenes (Japanese POW), a couple of people walked out.

I finished 2 paintings (on left - "Looking for Mistletoe & "Brush Turkey"), and started 2 more



I also painted a couple of 'postcards' - another New Years plan to do something creative when I am not painting larger works.

They are on temporarily for sale at Art Fido if you are interested.

Postcard from The Gold Coast I

Postcard from The Gold Coast II
So, thats my week art-wise, I still have yet to take down my Christmas decorations, but the easel is set up and the palettes are dirty - what a great way to start the year!

No comments: