Monday, February 10, 2014

Artists Diary - Week ending 9 Feb 2014

Exhibitions

3 Openings this week! I managed to attend 2.

The Hawkesbury Printmakers had their 2nd annual show at the Deerubbin Centre,Windsor, NSW. What a great turn out, and the quality of all member's work was very good. We had sales, but Im surprised there werent more. It is hard to get visitors to the venue on a weekend, so maybe that was it. Have a look at the Facebook page for more images.

Me and my mum Patricia Devine, with a fishy linocut of mine in the background
The Royal Art Society opened it's first exhibition for the year - Tutors Exhibition & Drawing. I was manning the sales table at the Printmakers Show, so I missed that one.

On the Saturday, I attended an opening for the group show "Brave" at Breathing Colours Gallery. I met some lovely artists and we admired each other's work. I bought my first photographic artwork - by Richard Walker - He is said to "paint with light". Cant wait to get it home and on the wall.
Here is a link to another favourite artist I caught up with - Gabby Malpas whose work I also wanted for my wall, but I need to wait till my bank account is healthier. Soon!

Rhodedendron & Yellow Teapot by Gabby Malpas

Classes

Brushed up on some charcoal sketching at Life Drawing, and on Thursday I started my class with some lovely people from Flintwood Disability Services.

Here are some monotypes from the class

Painting

After my whingeing from the week before, I am please to say I actually finished a painting - "Hillside XXVIII" and worked on a couple of other pieces.



Next Week

I am demonstrating painting for Ryde Art SocietyThursday February 13th at 11:00am  Ryde Eastwood Leagues Club Rydale Road, West Ryde, All welcome.




Waterbrook Art Exhibition 14 - 16 February, Yowie Bay - HERE for further information

No comments: