Monday, February 24, 2014

Artists week ending 23 February 2014

Am sitting here after a busy weekend being a student at an encaustics workshop taught by Catherine Garrod. So nice to be forced to 'play' at art making instead of keeping an eye on deadlines etc. Sigh, such a stressful life being an artist.
Little River Art Studio is going to be a wonderful new venue for workshops in the Grose Wold area. Set on a century old farmstead, amidst the green rolling hills of the region, we were treated to excellent tuition and hospitality for the 2 days. I hope to tell you more of the venue, once I am booked for my own workshops there..


I demonstrated acrylic painting for the lovely folk at Liverpool Art Society this week. Here is the 2nd painting which I spent most time on - this one I started at last weeks demo for Ryde Art Society.



Friday was spent volunteering at The Ferry Artists Gallery. An artist run space, and an asset to Wisemans Ferry and surrounds.

Saturday night I visited Purple Noon Gallery, Freeman's Reach. The first exhibition of the year opened with works by Jamieson Lawrance in his solo show Hawkesbury Mitosis. Well worth a visit. my favourite were the clouds of fairy wrens painted in an organic signature style.



Next week, is the opening to Stanthorpe Arts Festival (QLD) at which I am looking forward to attending opening night as I have work selected to be hung.

Here is a little glimpse of some paintings worked on this week that are clamouring for my attention....


No comments: