Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Artists Week ending 3rd March 2014

Stanthorpe Regional Gallery
"Sanctuary", my entry at the Art Prize


It was a holiday week this week! I had the opportunity to meet my husband in Brisbane and travel to Stanthorpe for the Opening of the Stanthorpe Arts Festival - the forerunner of the Apple & Grape Harvest Festival.




What a great opening, lots of beautiful entries from many different disciplines - painting, printmaking, crochet, photography, textiles, metal fabrication. Congratulations to all involved.
"Plan B" by Donna Davis


I enjoyed my visit to Stanthorpe very much. We stayed at Girraween Environmental Lodge at Ballandean - lots of lovely bush walks full of my favourite painting subjects - trees, rocks, birds. Visited artisans of other forms - cheese, wine, soap, wood.

I may be taking part in painting & drawing workshops held at the Lodge later in the year, feel free to let me know if you are interested and I will put you on my mailing list.

Before I headed inland, I visited 19 Karen Contemporary Art Space at the Gold Coast to swap some paintings over. I had a preview of their current set of solo shows that opened on Saturday - Auguste Blackman, Hugh Ford, Liesa Russell & Ray Paul. View images here

I am looking forward the their next show - Tribute to MJ's Best Film Clips, opening 2nd May at Sofitel Broadbeach. Here is a preview of one of my paintings that I finished this week for the show


"Stop Doggin Me Around" Acrylic on Canvas, 92cm sq
The Stanthorpe Art Festival can be seen at the Regional Gallery until April 13th.

Another show I have work this coming week  is at the Royal Art Society Autumn Exhibition, 7 March - 27 April

No comments: