Monday, August 11, 2014

Artist's Week ending 10 August 2014

Tulips & Canapes

A busy week (as usual!). My 2nd last week before I have to deliver works for my coming exhibition, so lots of painting happening. I finished 3 works, one of which in oils which I do not normally do - but I wanted to butter on some luscious oil paints on canvas and with impasto gel medium I was able to indulge my whim. Here is the finished painting "Floriade" which will be in the coming show.

"Floriade"
Oils on canvas, 40"x54"
Acrylic on Canvas, 24"x20"
Acrylic on Canvas, 24"x24"

Works as yet unfinished!

Later in the week, played around with a new haircolour (dark red & platinum) - hairdressers can be artists too right? And then clay totem heads and windchimes for the disabled classes at the Hawkesbury Community Arts Workshop.

Saturday I was at not one but two exhibition openings. The Ferry Artists Gallery at Wisemans Ferry, opened "Wall to Wall", a great mix of works by the members, all under $360.

Speeches at The Ferry Artists Gallery
Julie Simmons and fellow artist Kristine Ballard
Julie's Neville perusing the works in comfort
Then off to Breathing Colours Gallery, Balmain for "'scapes". A solo exhibition by Julie Simmons. A great show, which I hope will be well attended over the next week.







My show will be the next one at Breathing Colours. So I will be busy varnishing and readying the works for delivery this Sunday. The work will be on display from Tuesday 19 August.







No comments: