Monday, September 08, 2014

Artists Diary Week ending 7 September 2014

Painting in Public, Painting in Private, and everywhere in between.

First of all a short 'movie' in which I try and show the evolution of a painting. Its has given me enormous respect for all those that can actually make movies.

I visited the 'Shire' on Wednesday to see the lovely folk at Sutherland Art Society for a painting demo. I believe I managed to wear a lot of paint, but most of it got onto the canvas, and I have 2 more garden paintings to finish in the near future.

"Heres one I did earlier!" Garden acrylic 24" square

I also visited Breathing Colours to deliver a last minute painting to fill a gap made by work sold. And again on Sunday to pick up what was left over. I have left some of the works for the coming stockroom show, including the painting below.

"Angels Trumpets" 76cm x 101cm


What a great exhibition at Breathing Colours
New friends and 60% of the paintings sold.
  
A lot of painting in the two studios I hang out in - have some commission deadlines coming up, and although I was sad that the workshop at the Blue Mountains Creative Arts Centre did not go ahead, it gave me the opportunity to drive a loved one to the airport for his overseas trip.

What Ive been working on this week


Coming up:

North Shore Craft Group's Exhibition at The Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Gardens




Breathing Colour's

'Can't wait Til Summer'

Group Show
Julie Simmons, Donna Ravenscroft, John Klein, Kirana Haag, Steffie and Neil Wallace, Mellissa Read Devine 
Exhibition: Tues 9th Sept- Sun 28th Sept
Official Opening: Sat 20th Sept,4-7pm

Breathing Colours
446 Darling Street, Balmain.
Open: Daily
Hours:10am to 5pm




No comments: