Monday, October 27, 2014

Smiling Faces

Delivery day to Ryde Art Society Exhibition on Monday. I had only just finished varnishing and edging one of the paintings the night before - not something I recommend making a habit of! Luckily the stress paid off because it sold before the opening and I also won 1st prize in the Acrylic section.

Another last minute painting - "Magnolia" was finished in time to deliver to St.Thomas Art & Craft Fair, fortunate indeed because I also sold this one!

"Magnolia" Acrylic on Canvas 60cm sq
One evening was spent planning the next dozen paintings - I went through my collection of bush walking & bird photos, making thumbnail sketches of composition, tone and canvas format. Excited to get started!

After Thursday's clay workshop I visited Purple Noon to pick up some framed works for the coming Balmain show. I also revisited the current show and had a better look at the work of one of my favourite artists - Carl Stringfellow.




Friday saw me at The Art Scene picking up yet more framed work. I also picked up some smaller canvasses for some future projects. Then onto Balmain to deliver for the coming Balmain Art & Craft Show. Met up with fellow artist Elaine Foulsham.
Elaine with one of her works

Whilst in Balmain, I couldnt resist popping in and saying hallo to Petrea at Breathing Colours and seeing what was new on the wall. Robin has just told me there is a sale on some lovely indigenous art. Here is the link. Also checked out potential space in Birchgrove for me to hold some painting / printmaking workshops.

Painting by Minnie Pwerle

Opening night at Ryde Art Awards
Friday night time to refresh the lipstick and go to the the Art Awards at Cox's Community Centre for Ryde Art Society. Picked up my award and enjoyed the company of artists and art lovers. Its a great show which I recommend a visit to. (finishes this Friday afternoon).
Another unfinished portrait for the collection

Kristine Ballard & Peter Griffen
Kristine Ballard's "Cangiante"
Saturday was the monthly portrait day at the Hawkesbury Community Arts Workshop. The lovely Donna was our model. A quick lunch with Mum and we then went into Newtown to see Kristine Ballard's exhibition "Cangiante"  Rich luscious colour from an accomplished artist!

Sunday was sedate in comparison: my imagination filled with visions of Heaven after a rousing church morning sermon; reading my daughter's comic books - "Saga" capturing my attention, and eventually having to get back into the car to pick up unsold works from St.Thomas in Willoughby,





Ok, next up?

Shows still on:

Ryde Art Show

Fairfield Art Show

and next week

Balmain Art & Craft Show

and my weekend workshop - I think there are still a couple of places - give them a call/email.







No comments: