Thursday, January 08, 2015

I Have Finally Decided Its 2015

Such a slow start to the year for me (some might say its been denial), but the canvasses are on the easel, I have made a few lists, the office job is still paying me and we have eaten all the mince pies. Christmas is well and truly over, and the year starts anew. I have even done some wedding planning for my daughter #1 - just as well since it is NEXT MONTH.

"The Inner Room" 91cm x 46cm


Where am I art wise? I finished the year with two abstracts - I'd like them to be bigger but enjoyed the process. I created 86 artworks in 2014, had 2 solo shows and took part in numerous group ones. It was a very good year, and I thank God for it. I'm excited to see what 2015 has in store for me.





The first show off the rank is a group show at Breathing Colours, Balmain. Opens on Saturday 17th January.



The Combined Art Societies of Sydney hold their annual "Art Of Sydney" Awards at the Maritime Museum, Darling Harbour. 23 - 27 January


"Favour In Corinth" 91 x 46cm

I'm still not completely focused artwise. What I do have planned are several demos and workshops around Sydney. I also have a joint exhibition with my mum Patricia Devine featuring BIRDS, and a SCRAPERBOARD exhibition with Taryn Malzard. I also have new work being planned for galleries in Melbourne, Adelaide & Gold Coast, and I plan to travel there too!

Have a lovely week.

No comments: