Monday, January 19, 2015

Something Old Something New

 Almost reminiscent of weddings, but that''ll be next month when my daughter gets married, how exciting!

Anyway, I have completed new works already this year. The first. "Cicada Landscape" was finished and sent into exhibition before I had taken a photo - here is a glimpse. It is in long landscape format - 60cm H x 152cm W, acrylic. Currently at Breathing Colours for the month of January if you are interested in viewing.

"Cicada Landscape"

With the lovely set of oil pastels I received for Christmas, I had a little play. The painting on the left is oil pastel over acrylic on canvas, the other two are postcard size oil pastel over watercolour on paper

 I also have been working on 3 acrylics. Looking forward to completion!



I recently found some old paintings of mine during a "Post paintings challenge, old & new" on Facebook. And I thought it might be an encouragement to new artists if I put this up. Just to show how a few years (18) can improve one's arts practice. This is one of the very first paintings I completed - a present for my husband, as it is supposed to be a picture of him in Papua New Guinea.


Have a lovely week.





No comments: