Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Painting with Black


Normally I don't paint with black. I may use a little Paynes Grey, but usually I will mix the transparent red, blue and purple that are already in my palette, and perhaps add a touch of Cadmium Red.

But I have misled you, because this week the painting consisted of making blackboards for the impending wedding of #1 Daughter.



I also sewed some of the decorations - they look a little patriotic don't they?

Back to the studio! I continued with a long format landscape.

Went to the first portrait day for the year. This is the painting of Kate after a couple of hours.


and I had the opportunity for a quick plein air in oils. I plan to adjust it later.


Next week I will be giving a demonstration in my acrylic painting at Richmond NSW for Macquarie Towns Arts Society. All are welcome.


Cheers!

No comments: