Friday, May 08, 2015

Time to Paint

I was originally going to call this blog "Crankypants" because that was my mood that day. Luckily for us all, I got over it and settled into getting some work done.

Actually the reason I was in a bad mood was because I felt I had no time to paint. Many other aspects of my life were draining those precious creative windows of good light, energy and motivation. Motivation (or inspiration) can be forced however - deadlines are a great "encouragement"

I have managed to finish 3 works these last couple of weeks. My show is coming up at Breathing Colours Gallery in the first 2 weeks of June, and I also need to have some work for the Hawkesbury Regional Gallery's Art Fair at the same time. Ultimately I would like at least 4 more works finished (I have several in varying stages of completion). Watch this space!

"A New Career"
Acrylic 76x76cm

"Bittern"
Acrylic 30x40cm

"Rise Above"
Acrylic 76x76cm
This Week:

Camden Art Prize opens, 8 - 15 May

Next Week:

Bowral Wingecarribe Art Prize 15 - 24 May

Happy Mothers Day for those eligible and for everyone Have a Fabulous Week!

No comments: