Monday, May 16, 2016

Fabulous Fortnight

This week I've had a few quiet moments of rest, some celebratory jumping up and down and have been given back some of my energy to the Creative World, teaching painting workshops over the weekend.

"Kaleidoscope" opened to great success. Success as in many people came to the opening and have been visiting the gallery since; and also in painting sales - I have sold several large pieces so far and I can breathe a sigh of relief that I can pay back my framers and associated costs!

Some pics from the opening

Last weekend was the Combined Art Societies of Sydney workshop weekend "Art in Action" held at Merroo in Kurrajong. I started the 3 day weekend by setting up an ambitious still life, finishing up with landscapes on the Sunday. I know I was pleased with what the students were doing, so I hope they were too!

Teaching can be both hard work and rewarding. I think I learn something new every lesson which is a bonus, and my brain is working overtime trying to bring out the best in what each student is capable of. So I definitely slept well Sunday night.

Mega Still Life set up

Fantastic work on Landscape Sunday

 And best news of all (thanks God!), I won Best In Show at the Hunter Valley Grammar School "Inspired" for my "Puparazzi".



and yesterday I found out I am a finalist at Lethbridge 10000 Small Scale Art Award with "Preservation"


So there have been a few downs this fortnight that need not be mentioned here, 
but so many more Ups. Thats a good plan for life really.

I hope your life is moving Up right now.

Cheers


No comments: