Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Start Spinning Those Plates

My mind is very full at moment, I have a few extra things in my life to think about and the arts business has filled up my dance card also. All is fabulous, so I shall enjoy the ride...

Finalist

"The Bush, My Lover" acrylic 65 x 55cm
Not one but 2 notifications came in recently! I am a finalist in the Corangamarah Art Prize with "The Bush, My Lover"

and a finalist in the Flanagan Art Prize with "This Summer Zone".

"This Summer Zone" acrylic 65 x 55cm















I used to live in Ballarat, Victoria. That would be very handy right now - would save me courier fees and I could drive to the openings!


What Have I Been Doing

Patricia Devine (my Mum!) and I at Purple Noon 
I visited an exhibition opening at Purple Noon Gallery. "Memories of Seasons Past" Wonderful textiles by Tony Meskauskas and delightful collagraphs by one of my favourite printmaker - painters Madelaine Szymanski.

An acrylics workshop at Castle Hill Art Society kept me so busy that I was unable to take a photo. You will have to imagine the lovely pieces being created.

Ku-Ring-Gai Art Society show was hung this week and I was honoured to be asked to co - judge the exhibition along with renowned artist Kasey Sealy. What a great space to hang paintings - the ramp to the different levels at St.Ives Shopping Village has been refurbished and lit and there are about 280 paintings to see.

Coming Up

Pirtek Still Life Award, Bowral. 22 - 31 July

Singleton Art Prize 22 - 26 July

"Naked" at The Ferry Artists Gallery, Wisemans Ferry opens this Saturday 23 July

Acrylics Demonstration, Bankstown Art Society Friday 29 July





A little scraperboard
that I did for the "Naked" exhibition,
Wisemans Ferry

No comments: